Denmark To Accept Foreign Workers Without Work Visa


Some international workers are finding it simpler to work in Denmark. New rules came into effect in Denmark on November 17th, allowing certain foreign nationals to work for brief periods of time inside its borders without requiring a residency or work visa.

Applicants must work for a foreign firm that is connected to a Danish institution in order to be eligible for this exemption, and the Danish company must employ at least 50 people. Particularly, those doing management or high- to intermediate-level knowledge jobs are subject to this guideline.

Related link: Foreign Workers Hired In Industries Surpasses Predicted Figure

In addition to this group, the Danish Immigration Service has listed various categories of foreign nationals (not including residents of the EU/EEA or the Nordic countries) that could be excluded from the requirement for a work permit due to their particular circumstances or occupation. These exclusions address a range of situations:

General Exemptions: These cover personnel on international trains, cars, and Danish commercial ships that follow certain port and shipyard visitation restrictions, as well as foreign ambassadors and their families and home staff.

Visitors who Teach (For Up to Five Days): It is not necessary for teachers employed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Science or the Ministry of Culture to get a work permit if they will be teaching for a maximum of five days in a 180-day period.

Performers, Artists, Musicians, and Essential personnel: Individuals who contribute significantly to a public creative event that lasts fewer than 14 days, along with the required support personnel, may be excused.

Board Members (Up to 40 Days): Board members are exempt from obtaining a work visa if they are in Denmark for no more than 40 days in a calendar year while carrying out their professional obligations.

Professionals with Special Work Assignments (Up to 90 Days): For a stay of up to 90 days, professionals—such as researchers and foreign corporate representatives travelling for business—are permitted to do specialised activities without a work visa.

Citizens of visa-required nations, on the other hand, require a visitor’s visa. Individuals who have a work permit for one job but want to teach at another college or work for another firm must apply for a permission for sideline employment.

The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) announced a change in their application procedure in September, utilising income data from the Confederation of Danish Employers to determine if the offered post matches with Danish compensation norms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *